Tools Needed :
1. Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000
2. ClockworkMod Touch Recovery - Download Here
3. Super User App - Download Here
4. Odin3_v1.85.zip - Download Here
5. Samsung USB Drivers - Download Here
· That rooting your device and installing ClockworkMod Recovery on your Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000 will void its warranty
Advantage Over Rooting :
· Installed the CWM Recovery on your device, you will be able to install those app that require access and write permission over the system files, and flash a custom ROM on your Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000 as well.
Before Rooting Procedure :
· Download the ClockworkMod Touch Recovery for the Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000 (do not extract).
· Download the SuperUser App (do not extract) and copy the file to your Galaxy Tab by connecting it to computer via USB cable
· Download ”Odin3_v1.85.zip“ and extract the zip to your desktop
· Download and install the Samsung USB Drivers on your computer
· Turn on USB Debugging mode on your device: Settings> Developer Options> USB Debugging> ON
· Your Tab must be amply charged before you set out for the drill
· Backup your essential data stored on the device
Installing the CWM Recovery on the device :
Follow these steps to install the CWM Recovery on your Galaxy Tab
· Open the ”Odin3_v1.85″ folder and launch the Odin program by running the .exe file.
· Turn Off your Galaxy Note and boot it into Download Mode. This is how you can do it: press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously for a few seconds till you see a warning message. Now press Volume Up key to enter the device into the Download Mode.
· Make sure that only the “Auto Reboot”and “F. Reset Time” options are checked. Do not mess up with any other thing.
· Now connect your Galaxy Note to the computer via a USB cable.
· The ID:COM port at Odin will turn yellow to show that it has detected your device and you will see the “Added!!” message at the box below.
· Click on the PDA button at Odin and select the “CWMRecoveryGTN8000Droidviews.tar” file.
· Now click the “Start” button at Odin and let the CWM Touch Recovery be flashed onto your Tab.
· Your device will reboot automatically when the installation finishes and then you can remove the USB cable.
Rooting the Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000:
- Turn Off your Galaxy Note and boot it into the CWM Recovery Mode: press and hold the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons together for a few seconds, till you see the recovery mode with blue text on a black screen.
- In ClockworkMod recovery, scroll down to and press the Power button to select it.
- Press the Power button again and select
- Now using your volume keys, navigate to the “ file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
- After the installation completes, go to and reboot the phone by selecting “ ” from the recovery menu. The phone will boot now and it might take a few minutes to boot. A little patience is required therefore.
· When the device , look for an app called “SuperSU” by opening the app drawer. If it is present there, your Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 has been successfully been rooted.